CONNECTS, or Connecting Our NASA Network of Educators for Collaborating Together in STEM, is an online community of practice platform that will provide a great opportunity for educators to not only access and curate NASA STEM content, but also collaborate in meaningful virtual discussions with other STEM educators. This platform provides teachers with more efficient access to NASA STEM resources such as knowledge articles, lesson plans, activities, videos, games, STEM events and much more.
Here are some examples of features we have developed for educators:
- Resource Library – This hosts knowledge articles providing STEM content rich with educational resources, sorted by topics for easier navigation.
- Groups – join a group specific to educators' interests for richer discussions such as elementary, middle school, high school, informal educators, and many more.
- Collections – educators have the ability to “save” NASA content in collections for easier and efficient use while teaching. Or, they can follow other educators’ collections to gain additional resources.
- Event Calendar – learning opportunities such as webinars for educators, STEM events for students, and exclusive events for CONNECTS educators are provided on the event calendar.
- Member Map and Directory – Connect with other CONNECTS member organizations using these resources.